How to get Gun License in Mumbai? - मुंबई में कैसे पाएं बंदूक के लिए लाइसेंस?

Q1. How does one procure a new Arms License?
- By submitting an application in "A" form with Rs. 5/- Court fees stamp.

Q2. How much time it takes to get a new Arms License?
- Minimum 2 months.

Q3. What is procedure to procure a New Arms License?
- The application form is sent to the concerned Police station. The Police station makes an enquiry and submit the report to the Zonal DCP who interviews the applicant and submits his report. Once convinced by the reports, the licensing authority issues the license.

 Ozg Lawyers ~ Ozg Lawyers Ozg Lawyers Ozg Lawyers

Q4. Which documents needs to be submitted for obtaining a new Arms License?
- 1. Copy of Ration Card
2. Election card
3. Last 3 years I.T. Return.
4. Two character certificates from the responsible citizens of your locality
5. Physical fitness certificate
6. Education Qualification certificate
7. Proof of age

Q5. How to renew the Arms license?
- If the renewal is not late, fill the renewal form and affix Rs. 5/- Court fees stamp. Produce weapon and license for inspection at CFC.  Pay the renewal fees. Renewal will be done immediately.

Q6. My license has expired three months back. What should I do?
- Call on personally. Produce the weapon for inspection. Fill up the renewal form. Submit your explanation for the delay. You will be issued with a Show Cause Notice. Answer within 15 days. The decision will be taken after receipt of your reply. The decision will be conveyed to you by letter, through the concerned Police station.

Q7. My license has expired more than a year back, what should I do?
- If the license holder is in Mumbai, you should have the weapon carrying authority signed by the license holder and counter signed by you. You should also produce the weapon for inspection and pay the fees. Renewal forms has to be signed by the license holder.

Q8. License is late for renewal since license holder is out of Mumbai What should I do?
- - Deposit the weapon to the nearest Police station
- Obtain receipt for the same
- Fill up the renewal form and leave the license with A & A Branch.
- When license holder returns, ask him to come into the office and collect the license.

Q9. How should I obtain a T.J.P. (Temporary Journey Permit)?
- - Submit an application on a plain paper with Rs. 5/- Court Fees Stamp.
- Attach a copy of the license.
- Next day, pay a fee of  Rs. 20 and you will get a TJP.
- This is only valid for 30 days and is subject to local restrictions imposed by the
   local authority.

Q10. How do I get a license for property protection (Per-Pro Basis)?
- The license for property protection is granted on Per-Pro basis. The procedure is same as that for obtaining a new license.

Q11. My father/uncle/husband/ relative was a license holder. He is expired and now the license is in my possession. What should I do?
- - You have to deposit the weapon and the original license with ammunition for safe custody at the nearest police station.
- Attach copy of death certificate with application.
- A safe custody receipt will be issued to you.
- The weapon can be kept for one year.
- Charges are Rs. 50/- for one year.

Q12. A relative wishes to possess the weapon of a deceased person. What is the procedure?
- - Submit “A” form application for new license.
- Attach copy of the death certificate and the safe custody receipt on Rs. 20/- stamp paper, duly notarized.
- An affidavit of all legal heirs with NOC in the applicant's name has to be attached.
- The other procedure remains the same as for procuring a new license.

Q13. My father/relative is old. He wishes to give me his weapon. Can you guide me?
- - Make an application for arms license in form “A”.
- Attach a consent letter of the license holder with an affidavit of Rs. 20/- stamp paper duly notarized.
- Attach an NOC form other legal heirs on Rs.20/- stamp paper duly notarized.
- The procedure remains the same as for procuring a new license.
- Please remember, grant of license depends upon your eligibility to hold it and not on wish of the donor.

Q14. My All India Arms License was issued in another State. I want it to be renewed/registered in Mumbai; please guide me.
- Submit an application in prescribed form for re-registration.
ii.  Attach a copy of the arms license.
iii. Produce/attach residential proof.
iv. An NOC from the original licensing authority is required.
v. A police station report with remarks from the Zonal DCP is also required. On     receiving the NOC and remarks from the DCP, decision shall be  taken by the licensing authority.

Q15. My license was issued in Mumbai. I want to register it at other place. What is the procedure?
- Same as given Question No. 15 above. Arms and Ammunition Branch will issue an NOC to the new registering authority on receipt of their request letter.

Q16. I want to make my license valid in the whole of Maharashtra. What is the procedure?
- i.   Make an application on a  plain paper with Rs.5/- court fees stamp.
ii.  Attach a copy of Arms license with it.
iii. The application will be sent to the Police station for enquiry.
iv. On receipt of Police station report, you will be called for an interview.
v.  The decision will be conveyed to you in writing through the Police station.

Q17. I want to make my license valid in the whole of India. What should I do?
- i.  Submit an application to the Government of Maharashtra, Pol-IX, Home
    Department, Mantralaya, Mumbai with a copy of the license.
ii. The application will be sent to the Police station for an enquiry,
iii. On receipt of the report from the Police station, you will be interviewed and a report will be submitted to the  Government of Maharashtra.
iv. The Government of Maharashtra will take the decision and you will be informed accordingly.

Q18. I want to sell my weapon. What is the procedure?
- i. Submit an application with Rs.5/- court fees stamp and attach a copy of your license.
ii. Inform Arms and Ammunition Branch with relevant documents.
iii. If all documents are in order, sale permission will be issued within 15 days.

 Ozg Lawyers ~ Ozg Lawyers Ozg Lawyers Ozg Lawyers