Procedure to get copy of Chargesheet from Court

Charge Sheet

Subscribe Channel:
Call & WhatsApp
If you are named as an accused person in the chargesheet filed by police then you have a right to receive a copy of #chargesheet along with all relevant papers including statements of witnesses and copies of other documents annexed there to.
You do not have to pay any charges for this purpose and the copy has to given immediately after filling of the chargesheet, this right has been provided under #Section207 of #CRPC as mentioned below -
In any case where the proceeding has been instituted on a #policereport, the Magistrate shall without delay furnish to the accused, free of cost, a copy of each of the following:
(i) the police report;
(ii) the first information report recorded under section 154 of CRPC;
(iii) the statements recorded under CRPC sub-section (3) of section 161 of all persons whom the prosecution proposes to examine as its witnesses, excluding therefrom any part in regard to which a request for such exclusion has been made by the police officer under CRPC sub-section (6) of section 173;
(iv) the confessions and statements, if any, recorded under section 164 of CRPC;
(v) any other document or relevant extract thereof forwarded to the Magistrate with the police report under sub-section (5) of section 173 of CRPC:
Provided that the Magistrate may, after perusing any such part of a statement as is referred to in clause (iii) and considering the reasons given by the police officer for the request, direct that a copy of that part of the statement or of such portion thereof as the Magistrate thinks proper, shall be furnished to the accused:
Provided further that if the Magistrate is satisfied that any document referred to in clause (v) is voluminous, he shall, instead of furnishing the accused with a copy thereof, direct that he will only be allowed to inspect it either personally or through pleader in Court.